Surah Al-Waqi'ah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 536
Sura Al-Waqi'ah from 51 to 76
51. « Then moreover, verily you the erring- ones, the deniers ( of Resurrection ) !»
52. « You verily will eat of the trees of Zaqqûm.»
53. « Then you will fill your bellies therewith,»
54. « And drink boiling water on top of it.»
55. « And you will drink ( that ) like thirsty camels! »
56. That will be their entertainment on the Day of Recompense!
57. We created you: then why do you believe not?
58. Then tell Me ( about ) the ( human ) semen that you emit.
59. Is it you who create it ( i.e. make this semen into a perfect human being ) , or are We the Creator?
60. We have decreed death to you all, and We are not outstripped,
61. To transfigure you and create you in ( forms ) that you know not.
62. And indeed, you have already known the first form of creation ( i.e. the creation of Adam ) : why then do you not remember ( or take heed ) ?
63. Then tell Me about the seed that you sow in the ground.
64. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower?
65. Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry pieces, and you would be regretful ( or left in wonderment ) [ Tafsir Ibn Kathîr ] .
66. ( Saying ) : « We are indeed Mughramûn ( i.e. ruined or have lost the money without any profit, or are punished by the loss of all that we spend for cultivation ) ! ( Tafsir Al- Qurtubî ) »
67. « Nay, but we are deprived! »
68. Then tell Me about the water that you drink.
69. Is it you who cause it from the rain- clouds to come down, or are We the Causer of it to come down?
70. If We willed, We verily could make it salt ( and undrinkable ) : why then do you not give thanks ( to Allâh ) ?
71. Then tell Me about the fire which you kindle.
72. Is it you who made the tree thereof to grow, or are We the Grower?
73. We have made it a Reminder ( of the Hell- fire in the Hereafter ) , and an article of use for the travellers ( and all the others, in this world ) .
74. Then glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.
75. So I swear by the setting of the stars. [ 1 ]
76. And verily that is indeed a great oath, if you but know.
 (V.56:75) In Arabic Mawâqi‘i An-Nujûm: This word has many interpretations: it may mean the setting or the rising or the mansions of the stars, or the Qur’ân and its gradual revelation in stages. Please see Tafsir At-Tabari for detail..