Surah Al-Qalam | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 564
Sura Al-Mulk from 27 to 15
27. But when they will see it ( the torment on the Day of Resurrection ) approaching, the faces of those who disbelieve will change and turn black with sadness and in grief and it will be said ( to them ) : « This is ( the promise ) which you were calling for! »
28. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Tell me! If Allâh destroys me, and those with me, or He bestows His Mercy on us - who can save the disbelievers from a painful torment? »
29. Say: « He is the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) , in Him we believe, and in Him we put our trust. So you will come to know who it is that is in manifest error. »
30. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Tell me! If ( all ) your water were to sink away, who then can supply you with flowing ( spring ) water? »
Sûrat Al- Qalam or Nûn
( The Pen ) LXVIII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
[These letters (Nûn, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings].
By the pen and by what they ( the angels ) write ( in the Records of men ) .
2. You ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , by the Grace of your Lord, are not mad.
3. And Verily, for you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) will be an endless reward.
4. And Verily, you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) are on an exalted ( standard of ) character.
5. You will see, and they will see,
6. Which of you is afflicted with madness.
7. Verily, your Lord is the Best Knower of him who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Knower of those who are guided.
8. So ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) obey you not the deniers [ ( of Islâmic Monotheism - those who belie the Verses of Allâh ) , the Oneness of Allâh, and the Messengership of Muhammad ( saas ) ] [ 1 ]
9. They wish that you should compromise ( in religion out of courtesy ) with them: so they ( too ) would compromise with you.
10. And ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) obey you not everyone Hallaf Mahîn ( the one who swears much and is a liar or is worthless ) . [ Tafsir At- Tabari ]
11. A slanderer, going about with calumnies,
12. Hinderer of the good, transgressor, sinful,
13. Cruel, and moreover base- born ( of illegitimate birth ) .
14. ( He was so ) because he had wealth and children.
15. When Our Verses ( of the Qur’ân ) are recited to him, he says: « Tales of the men of old! »
 (V.68:8) See the footnote of (V.3:85).