surah Raad aya 3 , English translation of the meaning Ayah.
﴿وَهُوَ الَّذِي مَدَّ الْأَرْضَ وَجَعَلَ فِيهَا رَوَاسِيَ وَأَنْهَارًا ۖ وَمِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ جَعَلَ فِيهَا زَوْجَيْنِ اثْنَيْنِ ۖ يُغْشِي اللَّيْلَ النَّهَارَ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ﴾
[ الرعد: 3]
And it is He who spread the earth and placed therein firmly set mountains and rivers; and from all of the fruits He made therein two mates; He causes the night to cover the day. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.Surah Ar-Rad Full
And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruits He made Zawjain Ithnain (two in pairs - may mean two kinds or it may mean: of two sorts, e.g. black and white, sweet and sour, small and big, etc.) He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) for people who reflect.
Wahuwa allathee madda alarda wajaAAala feeha rawasiya waanharan wamin kulli alththamarati jaAAala feeha zawjayni ithnayni yughshee allayla alnnahara inna fee thalika laayatin liqawmin yatafakkaroona
Abdullah Yusuf Ali - Translation
And it is He who spread out the earth, and set thereon mountains standing firm and (flowing) rivers: and fruit of every kind He made in pairs, two and two: He draweth the night as a veil o'er the Day. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who consider!
And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruit He made Zawjayn Ithnayn (two in pairs). He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are Ayat (signs) for people who reflect.
And it is He who spread the earth and placed therein firmly translate in arabic
وهو الذي مد الأرض وجعل فيها رواسي وأنهارا ومن كل الثمرات جعل فيها زوجين اثنين يغشي الليل النهار إن في ذلك لآيات لقوم يتفكرونسورة: الرعد - آية: ( 3 ) - جزء: ( 13 ) - صفحة: ( 249 )
Almuntakhab Fi Tafsir Alquran Alkarim
He is it Who extended the earth spreading it out and therein He placed mountains in a certain setting, fixed as with an anchor, and rivers with copious streams of fresh water flowing in channels, and of all and each fruit did He produce a pair, male and female -with stamens and pistils, uni and bisexual. He enshrouded the day with the veil of the night. Indeed here, there and everywhere are signs with prodigies emblematic of Omnipotence and Authority sensed by those who consider matters and ponder their cause
Tafseer Tafheem-ul-Quran by Syed Abu-al-A'la Maududi
(13:3) And it is He Who has spread out the earth, and fixed the immovable mountains in it, and made the rivers flow on it. He has created in pairs every kind of fruit, and He covers the day with the veil of night. *8 Surely there are great Signs in these for those who reflect upon them.
And it is He who spread the earth and placed therein firmly meaning
*8) After citing some heavenly Signs in support of the doctrines of Tauhid and the Hereafter, a few Signs are being cited from the earth for the same purpose. Briefly the following are the arguments for Tauhid, Resurrection and Accountability:
(1) Tauhid: The fact that the earth is closely connected with the heavenly bodies (which help create life on it), and the fact that the mountains and the rivers are so inter-related with that life are clear proofs that all these things have not been created by separate and different gods nor are being governed, by gods with independent powers and authorities. Had it been so, there could not have been so much harmony, congruity, accord and unity of purpose among them; nor could these relationships have continued for such a long time. For it is quite obvious that if there had not been One All-Powerful and All-Wise Allah, it could not have been possible and practicable for different gods to sit together and evolve out such a harmonious system of the universe without any discord or conflict between its myriad's of bodies.
(2) Resurrection: This wonderful planet, the earth, is itself a great proof that its Creator is All-Powerful and can, therefore, raise the dead whenever He will. For it is floating in space round the sun and it has high mountains fixed in it and has large rivers flowing on its surface: it produces countless fruit-bearing trees and it brings about the cycles of the day and the night with precise regularity.
All these things bear witness to the boundless power of its Creator. It would, therefore, be sheer folly to doubt that such All-Powerful Creator is incapable of raising mankind to life after death.
(3) Accountability: The earth, with all its wonderful and purposeful signs, is a clear evidence of the fact that its Creator is All-Wise. Therefore it cannot even be imagined that He has created man, His noblest creation, without any purpose. Just as His wisdom is apparent from the structure of the earth, its mountains, its rivers, the pairs of its trees and fruits, its night and day, so it is quite obvious that it has not been made the habitation of man without any purpose, nor will it be brought to nought without the fulfilment of that purpose. Clearly mankind shall be accountable to its Creator for the fulfilment of that Divine purpose.
And it is He who spread the earth and placed therein firmly meaning in Urdu
اور وہی ہے جس نے یہ زمین پھیلا رکھی ہے، اس میں پہاڑوں کے کھو نٹے گاڑ رکھے ہیں اور دریا بہا دیے ہیں اُسی نے ہر طرح کے پھلوں کے جوڑے پیدا کیے ہیں، اور وہی دن پر رات طاری کرتا ہے ان ساری چیزوں میں بڑی نشانیاں ہیں اُن لوگوں کے لیے جو غور و فکر سے کام لیتے ہیں
Ayats from Quran in English
- They said, "O our father, why do you not entrust us with Joseph while indeed,
- The Day when mankind will stand before the Lord of the worlds?
- And brought together their hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth,
- For them are good tidings in the worldly life and in the Hereafter. No change
- And they worship besides Allah that which does not possess for them [the power of]
- Indeed, Allah is Knower of the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and earth. Indeed, He
- And to the Thamud [We sent] their brother Salih. He said, "O my people, worship
- And [recall] when you said, "O Moses, we will never believe you until we see
- Indeed, those who disbelieve - if they should have all that is in the earth
- And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot - and all [of them] We preferred
Quran surahs in English :
Download surah Raad with the voice of the most famous Quran reciters :
surah Raad mp3 : choose the reciter to listen and download the chapter Raad Complete with high quality
Ahmed Al Ajmy Bandar Balila Khalid Al Jalil Saad Al Ghamdi Saud Al Shuraim Abdul Basit Abdul Rashid Sufi Abdullah Basfar Abdullah Al Juhani Fares Abbad Maher Al Muaiqly Al Minshawi Al Hosary Mishari Al-afasi Yasser Al Dosari
لا تنسنا من دعوة صالحة بظهر الغيب