Surah Az-Zariyat | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 521
Sura Al-Dhariyat from 7 to 30
7. By the heaven full of paths,
8. Certainly, you have different ideas ( about Muhammad ( saas ) and the Qur’ân ) .
9. Turned aside therefrom ( i.e. from Muhammad ( saas ) and the Qur’ân ) is he who is turned aside ( by the Decree and Preordainment of Allâh ) .
10. Cursed be the liars
11. Who are under a cover of heedlessness ( think not about the gravity of the Hereafter ) ,
12. They ask: « When will be the Day of Recompense? »
13. ( It will be ) a Day when they will be tried ( punished i.e. burnt ) over the Fire!
14. « Taste you your trial ( punishment i.e. burning ) ! This is what you used to ask to be hastened! »
15. Verily, the Muttaqûn ( the pious. See V.2:2 ) will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs ( in the Paradise ) ,
16. Taking joy in the things which their Lord has given them. Verily, they were before this Muhsinûn ( good- doers. See V.2:112 ) .
17. They used to sleep but little by night [ invoking their Lord ( Allâh ) and praying, with fear and hope ] .
18. And in the hours before dawn, they were ( found ) asking ( Allâh ) for forgiveness.
19. And in their properties there was the right of the Sâ’il ( the beggar who asks ) and the Mahrûm ( the poor who does not ask others ) [ 1 ] .
20. And on the earth are signs for those who have Faith with certainty.
21. And also in your ownselves. Will you not then see?
22. And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised.
23. Then by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is the truth ( i.e. what has been promised to you ) , just as it is the truth that you can speak.
24. Has the story reached you, of the honoured guests [ three angels; Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) along with another two ] of Ibrâhîm ( Abraham ) ?
25. When they came in to him and said: « Salâm, ( peace be upon you ) ! » He answered: « Salâm, ( peace be upon you ) , » and said: « You are a people unknown to me. »
26. Then he turned to his household, and brought out a roasted calf [ as the property of Ibrâhîm ( Abraham ) was mainly cows ] .
27. And placed it before them, ( saying ) : « Will you not eat? »
28. Then he conceived fear of them ( when they ate not ) . They said: « Fear not. » [ 2 ] And they gave him glad tidings of a son having knowledge ( about Allâh and His religion of True Monotheism ) .
29. Then his wife came forward with a loud voice: she smote her face, and said: « A barren old woman! » [ 3 ]
30. They said: « Even so says your Lord. [ 4 ] Verily, He is the All- Wise, the All- Knower. »
 (V.51:19) See the footnote of (V.4:37).
 (V.51:28) i.e. when the angels noticed some fear over the face of Abraham, they told him that they are Allâh’s messengers. And they also gave the glad news to his wife Sarah that she will give birth to a son (Isaac).
 (V.51:29) "How can I bear a child." At that time she (Sarah) was approximately 99 years old. (Tafsîr Al-Qurtubi ).
a ) The Statement of Allâh ( Lord Almighty and Exalted ) :
‘Verily, Our Word ( Command ) unto a thing, when We intend it, is only that We say unto it:
« Be! » - and it is.’ ( V.16:40 )
Narrated Mu‘âwiyah ( raa ) : I heard the Prophet ( saas ) saying, « A group of my followers will keep on following Allâh’s Orders [ i.e., following strictly Allâh’s Book ( the Qur’ân ) and the Prophet’s Sunnah ( legal ways ) ] strictly and they will not be harmed by those who will belie ( disbelieve ) them or desert ( stand against ) them till Allâh’s Order ( the Hour ) will come while they will be in that state. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.9, Hadith No.552 ) .
b ) Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « Allâh said, ‘I have prepared for My pious slaves things which have never been seen by an eye, nor heard by an ear, or ( even ) imagined by a human being.’ » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 467 )
c ) Narrated Abû Sa‘îd Al- Khudrî ( raa ) : The Prophet ( saas ) said, « The people of Paradise will look at the dwellers of Al- Ghuraf ( the lofty mansions i.e. a superior place in Paradise ) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star far away in the east or in the west on the horizon; all that is because of their superiority over one another ( in rewards ) . » On that the people said, « O Allâh’s Messenger! Are these residences ( lofty mansions ) for the Prophets which nobody else can reach? » The Prophet ( saas ) replied, « No! By Him ( Allah ) in Whose Hand my soul is, these are for the men who believed in Allah and also believed in the Messengers. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 478 )
d ) Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « The first batch ( of people ) who will enter Paradise will be ( glittering ) like the moon on a full- moon night and those who will enter next will be glittering like the brightest star. Their hearts will be as if the heart of a single man for they will have neither difference nor any enmity amongst themselves, and everyone of them shall have two wives, each of whom will be so beautiful, pure and transparent that the marrow of the bones of their legs will be seen through the flesh. They will be glorifying Allâh in the morning and afternoon, and will never fall ill, and they will neither blow their noses nor spit. Their utensils will be of gold and silver, and their combs will be of gold and the fuel used in their censers will be of aloes- wood and their sweat will smell like musk. » ... ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 469 ) .